[SigLAN-L] SIG-LAN meeting agenda

Colleen Cuddy cuddy at library.med.nyu.edu
Fri Nov 15 09:58:42 EST 2002

I am hope to see many members at the planning meeting next week.  I will be
attending the SIG Cabinet Meeting on Sunday (travel permitting) to answer
any questions regarding our name change. If all goes well the board will be
voting on Wednesday so it is possible that we will be going into 2003 with
our new name!

Following is the draft agenda for the meeting:

Agenda Items
SIG-LAN Annual Planning Meeting
11/19/02 5:00- 6:00
Planning Room A

-- Review of minutes from 2001 (attached)
--Governance (appointment of officers and committees)
--Name change Review--What happens next?  How do we market, etc?
--Review of SIG- LAN activities 2001-2002 -including conference programs 2002
--SIG-LAN Website  how can we make this more useful for our members?
--Planning activities for 2003-including SIG conference programs for 2003
and review of student travel grant-- put your thinking caps on!
--Other business
-- Leave for Dutch Treat Dinner!!

We are holding our Dutch Treat dinner on Tuesday night following this
meeting.  Location to be announced at the annual conference.  Look for
details on the ASIST Notice Board, grab me at the conference, or just
attend the planning session and we will leave as a group.  These dinners
are a great way to meet SIG-LAN members and find out how to get involved
with this SIG. Its always a good time and a nice way to catch up. We are
leaving for dinner @ 6:00 so we can make it back to the hotel in time for
SIG-CON.

Best Regards,

Colleen