[Sigkm-l] Annual Meeting Invites

Deborah Swain swainham at msn.com
Thu Oct 11 09:52:10 EDT 2007

Greeting, fellow SIG-KM members:
In addition to the "Speed Meeting" for early social networking on Sunday,
3:30pm and the wonderful panels throughout the Annual Meeting that we are
sponsoring, we need to get together for business meeting --and for real fun
at a Dutch Dinner.

I suggest that we meet Monday, Oct. 22, about 12:30pm. There is no lunch
with ASIST that day. We could gather after the plenary and be done by 1:30
sessions. Brown bag lunch???  Let me know if you like that time or would
rather meet at 5-6pm on Monday. (Some other SIGs are meeting then.)

The SIG-MGT has invited us to join them (I think we did in Austin and had a
great time) on Tuesday evening for a dutch dinner. Can anyone suggest a good
restaurant???

DATE: October 23
DEPARTURE TIME: 6:30 (we will try to be back by SIG CON)
DEPART FROM: lobby of conference hotel
APPROXIMATE PRICE:
GROUP SIZE: all are welcome!
SIGN-UP
Kris Liberman
Deborah Swain

Note that for the Oct. 21 SPEED MEETING/Knowledge Cafe I am working to
provide a podcast. This meeting is our investment as a SIG (there will be
refreshments!), and I want everyone to have an opportunity to participate
even if you can't come to Milwaukee.  Please let me know if you want more
information. We are inviting university and business guests to come meet
information scientists --meet you and learn what you do.

Thinking of you all, Deborah
Dr. Deborah E. Swain, Ph.D., SIG-KM Chair
School of Library and Information Sciences
NC Central University, PO Box 19586
Durham, NC  27707
Office Phone: 919-833-9028   Campus Phone: 530-7502
Email: dswain at nccu.edu  Alt Email: swainham at msn.com
Fax: 919-530-6402