[Sigkm-l] research statistics on KM staff

Carol Winfield CWinfield at ISPE.org
Tue Mar 20 14:40:47 EDT 2007

Mark,

If I receive anything off list, I'll pass it on. What I'm interested in
is how the team that implements a KM initiative (and perhaps "owns" it
on an ongoing basis) is formed. How often are the required skills found
within the organization, how often are new hires brought on for this
purpose, the use of outside consultants, and so on,

Carol

________________________________

From: Mark Montgomery [mailto:markm at kyield.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:44 AM
To: Carol Winfield; sigkm-l at asis.org
Subject: Re: [Sigkm-l] research statistics on KM staff

Carol,

I'm not sure if you mean HR functions regarding KM and related positions
or KM management tools for all positions.

I'd be interested in being copied on anything found as well on this
topic as I generally have found a disconnect between the disciplines
rather than what we'd like to see, which is more inter-disciplinary
collaboration.

In our work in applied research and product development relating to
actually administering the objectives of the CKO (or designate) in the
modern working environment for knowledge workers (computer networks), we
incorporated quite a bit of knowledge from many disciplines, to include
intrinsic and extrinsic motivation found in management circles, physical
and psychological incentives, measuring and metrics, IT, human-computer
interaction, organizational management, education and training,
economics, artificial intelligence, and anthropology (very under
utilized IMO within KM curriculum relating to value of tools to
communities), to name a few.

Mark Montgomery
CEO, Kyield
http://www.kyield.com