[Sigkm-l] research statistics on KM staff

Mark Montgomery markm at kyield.com
Tue Mar 20 11:44:13 EDT 2007

Carol,

I'm not sure if you mean HR functions regarding KM and related positions or KM management tools for all positions.

I'd be interested in being copied on anything found as well on this topic as I generally have found a disconnect between the disciplines rather than what we'd like to see, which is more inter-disciplinary collaboration.

In our work in applied research and product development relating to actually administering the objectives of the CKO (or designate) in the modern working environment for knowledge workers (computer networks), we incorporated quite a bit of knowledge from many disciplines, to include intrinsic and extrinsic motivation found in management circles, physical and psychological incentives, measuring and metrics, IT, human-computer interaction, organizational management, education and training, economics, artificial intelligence, and anthropology (very under utilized IMO within KM curriculum relating to value of tools to communities), to name a few.

Mark Montgomery
CEO, Kyield
http://www.kyield.com