[Sigkm-l] Two weeks - ASIS&T 2007 Proposals DUE

Claire R. McInerney clairemc at scils.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 19 19:51:39 EST 2007

Deborah and KM SIG members,

Ron Day and I are proposing to have a panel on KM and Social Computing with
panelists discussing implications of Web 2.0 for information professionals
and the Web public at large. The topics represented in this technical panel
seem to fit very well with the Conference theme for ASIST 2007 -- "Joining
Research and Practice: Social Computing and Information Science." We hope we
can have the endorsement of the KM SIG for this proposal.

I've attached the proposal that outlines the different panel presentations.
And below I have the text of the theme for the fall conference taken from
the ASIST website

Theme for the fall 2007 conference --- "Web 2.0 and social computing are
changing the way people use and perceive the Internet as well as the way
they work and play. When users are no longer simply consumers of
information, and become active producers and contributors, what are the
implications for information science? How are social computing and Web 2.0
trends affecting the work of information professionals? What current
research and applications are shaping future directions? ASIS&T 2007 aims to
bring together researchers and practitioners from all aspects of information
science, industry, academe, and information professions for lively
discussions and debates about the social aspects of information, about all
things 2.0 (or looking to the future) or higher."

Please let us know if we can put the KM SIG down as the endorser of the
panel.

Thank you, and especially thank you to Deborah for her organizational work.

Claire

Claire R. McInerney
Director, Information Technology and Informatics Program
School of Communication, Information and Library Studies
4 Huntington St.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Voice: 732-932-7500 ext. 8218
Fax: 732-932-2644