[Sigkm-l] FW: [IFLA-L] A research project on KM education

Anne_Rogers at cargill.com Anne_Rogers at cargill.com
Mon May 1 22:22:01 EDT 2006

(Posting on behalf of Afsaneh Hazeri)

-----Original Message-----
From: afsaneh.hazeribaghdadabad at rmit.edu.au
[mailto:afsaneh.hazeribaghdadabad at rmit.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:33 PM
To: ifla-l at infoserv.inist.fr; kmdg-l at infoserv.inist.fr
Subject: [IFLA-L] A research project on KM education

Dear colleague,
My name is Afsaneh Hazeri and I am a PhD student at RMIT University in
Melbourne, Australia. I would like to ask your assistance with my
research project concerning "The implications of Knowledge Management
for Library and Information Science education'. The study aims to
clarify the educational requirements of future knowledge- literate
library and information professionals and to develop a new educational
framework that reflects the changing needs of the profession in respect
of knowledge management. In this project I will be investigating
perceptions of and attitudes towards knowledge management education
within the LIS profession using a number of international mailing lists
with the kind permission of the list owners.

In case you have already completed an earlier survey circulated by one
of my colleagues I should point out that her survey was concerned with
the implications of knowledge mana! gement for the LIS professions,
whereas mine is concerned with its implications for LIS education.

I believe that you can offer valuable insight to this project as well
and I would be extremely grateful for your help in an exercise that I
believe will be of real value to the library and information
professions. Your participation should take around 30 minutes of your
time and would make a major contribution to the outcome of my research
project. All responses are voluntary and strictly anonymous and a
summary of results will eventually be available to all who participate.

Information collected will be coded and kept in password-protected
electronic media at RMIT University for academic research purposes only.
The results of the survey may be reported in certain academic
publications in a form that prevents the identification of any
individual.

My research supervisor is Professor Bill Martin who can be contacted for
any enquiries related to the project or its adherence to the formal
privacy and ethical policies of RMIT University.

To respond the questionnaire you need to navigate to the survey website
in the following web address:

http://www.rmit.edu.au/bus/bit/thesis-km

Thank you very much for your time and consideration,
Kind regards
Afsaneh Hazeri
E61534 at ems.rmit.edu.au