[Sigkm-l] ASIST SIG-KM Update

Michael Smith MSmith at lib-gw.tamu.edu
Thu Oct 7 11:00:20 EDT 2004

Hello SIG-KM!!

I really had high hopes of infusing a lot of communication through the
Listserv this year, but unfortunately the good start was interrupted by
some added work responsibilities. I apologize.

Programs

The 2004 Annual Meeting is coming up fast and SIG-KM has been involved
in program planning. Sig-KM is sponsoring, or co-sponsoring, three
programs:

1) Information-Related Management Issues - Tuesday 8:30 AM
       (Co-sponsored with SIG-MGMT)

2) Blogs for Information Dissemination and Knowledge Management -
Tuesday 10:30 AM
       (program put together by Kris Liberman)

3) LibQUAL+ - Wednesday 3:30 PM
      (Co-sponsored with SIG-MGMT)

There is also a panel discussion on the "Challenges in Knowledge
Management Education" on Tuesday at 5:30 PM.

SIG Meeting

I have asked to reserve a meeting room on Monday evening at 6:00 PM. I
have not yet had a confirmation. I'll keep you informed.
     -  Please be thinking about programming ideas for the next Annual
Meeting.
     -  We also need to identify a Chair-Elect for the SIG. If you are
interested and have questions please contact me.
     -  I will be proposing that we establish a Communications position
for our group so be thinking about what that might include.

* * * * * * * * *

I hope to see you in Rhode Island.

Michael Smith
Chair SIG-KM