[Sigkm-l] Whither SIG-KM?

Carol Butler hicarolbutler at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 16:15:40 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I created the current website at
http://www.asis.org/SIG/sigkm/index.html two years
ago.  The website hasn't been updated for over a year.
 I'd like to devote some time to updating/revising the
SIG's website and suggest we start by discussing what
we want from a SIG website.

This email list has not been very active, so I don't
really have much data to describe just who our group
members are.  It does seem we have a larger percentage
of academics in this KM group than in others I've
visited.  Perhaps our website could be a place to
collect links related specifically to KM education and
research of all types.   Maybe we'd like to encourage
more SIG activity by supporting the formation of local
chapters via the web.  Maybe we should just link
directly to the mailing list instructions.  What do
you think?

I'd like to encourage a discussion now, continuing
through the annual meeting, about either what we want
from a SIG website, or what we want this SIG to be in
a broader sense.  After which I am offering my
services to create a SIG website that serves us
better.

Thanks,

Carol Butler