[Sigiii-l] [Asis-l] [Eurchap] Fwd: [Sigmetrics] Eugene Garfield

Allard, Suzanne Lorraine (Suzie) sallard at utk.edu
Mon Feb 27 13:17:33 EST 2017

In addition to his remarkable, foundational contributions to the field and his wonderful sense of humor, Gene was a remarkable diplomat for our discipline who generously  provided his time,  insight and support to those just entering the field.

Simply put, an amazing man.

Suzie

Suzie Allard, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research, College of Communication & Information
Professor, School of Information Sciences
Director, Center for Information & Communication Studies

University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park Drive | 423 Communications Building| Knoxville, TN | 37996-0341 | USA
T  865.974.1369 | F  865.974.7878 | E sallard at utk.edu | W http://cics.cci.utk.edu <http://cics.cci.utk.edu/>/