[Sigiii-l] Fwd: Eldis Development Reporter - Special issue: Launch of the Open Knowledge Hub

Michel Menou michel.menou at orange.fr
Fri Oct 10 05:24:39 EDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Eldis Development Reporter - Special issue: Launch of the Open
Knowledge Hub
Date: 	Fri, 10 Oct 2014 08:07:00 +0100
From: 	eldisnewsadmin at lyris.ids.ac.uk

In this issue: Members of the Eldis team, and some of our partners, will
be at the Open Development Camp in Amsterdam today to launch the Open
Knowledge Hub (OKhub.org).

<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/5/0/>

  Latest News

Eldis is an online information service providing free access to the
latest global research on international development issues. Browse our
topic guides and country profiles at www.eldis.org
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/5/0/>

HOME <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/5/0/> 	LATEST NEWS
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4221/0/> 	TOPICS
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/7/0/> 	COUNTRY PROFILES
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/2501/0/> 	JOBS
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/19/0/> 	CONTACT
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4222/0/>

    Eldis Development Reporter Special Issue

*10 October 2013*
http://www.eldis.org/ <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/5/0/>

Welcome to this special issue of the Eldis Development Reporter. You can
also receive updates as an *RSS Newsfeed
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/10/0/>*, via Twitter
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4235/0/> and Facebook
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4357/0/> or subscribe
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4232/0/> to one of our regular
updates on key development themes.

      In this issue:

Members of the Eldis team, and some of our partners, will be at the Open
Development Camp in Amsterdam today to launch the Open Knowledge Hub
(OKhub.org).

The hub is a collaborative “Open Data” platform for sharing digital
content about development that aims to improve the supply and
accessibility of content that supports evidence-informed policy making
and practice by development actors. A key aspect of the hub’s design is
to raise the profile of diverse perspectives on development, paying
particular attention to research content from developing countries.
OKhub full width
Here at Eldis we contribute our open content to the hub so that it can
be easily repackaged and re-used by others to present credible and
relevant content on their own websites and tailor it to their own
audiences and contexts. We also use the Hub ourselves as a way to source
new, relevant, high quality research content for our own Resource Guides
and other services.

Read the full story on Eldis <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/5/0/>

For more information on the Open Knowledge Hub project and to access the
Hub data go to the website
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/6278/0/>.

In this video <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/6282/0/>, filmed
at the Open Knowledge Hub Eldis partner meeting earlier this year,
members of the IDS team and partners discuss the project and it’s likely
benefits for those using and contributing to the Open Knowledge Hub.

If you would be interested in contributing your content to Eldis and
OKhub.org contact us here...
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/6280/0/>

The Hub launch takes place on Friday 10 October at the Open Development
Camp 2014. As part of the launch we will be hosting a panel discussion
asking participants to focus on the present realities of open content in
the field of international Development. This event will be webcast and
available through the Open Development Camp
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/6281/0/> website.

The Oriel Open Knowledge Hub project is an output of the Global Open
Knowledge Hub (GOKH) project, an IDS programme funded by DFID from April
2013 to April 2016.

Eldis is funded by *UK Aid and Irish Aid*,

Eldis is one of a family of *Knowledge Services*
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4353/0/> at IDS

The views expressed in this newsletter and on the Eldis website are the
opinion of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of
Eldis, IDS or its funders.

See our *What's New*section for a complete list of new additions on the
Eldis Web site at: http://www.eldis.org/go/what-s-new
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4354/0/>

You can also receive this update as an *RSS Newsfeed* at
http://www.eldis.org/go/subscribe
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4232/0/>

If you have *email only*access to the Internet, we can send you a copy
of a document as an email attachment.

You are welcome to re-use material from this bulletin on your own
website but please acknowledge Eldis as the source and include a link to
the Eldis website. Eldis data is available under a creative commons
license and made it accessible via an Open API for others to re-use. In
addition we have developed a number of plug-ins and modules for website
content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal to make
it easier for website managers and bloggers to integrate Eldis content
into their sites. See http://www.eldis.org/go/get-the-data
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4237/0/> for more information.

*Contact details:*
Alan Stanley
Eldis Programme
Institute of Development Studies
Sussex Brighton BN1 9RE
UK

Email:eldis at ids.ac.uk <mailto:eldis-climate at ids.ac.uk>
Tel: +44 1273 606261

WWW: http://www.eldis.org/
<%20http://www.eldis.org/go/topics/resource-guides/environment/climate-change>

If you would like to receive information about other Knowledge Services
and publications from IDS, please email your name, contact details and
subject interests to us at knowledgeservices at ids.ac.uk
<mailto:%20knowledgeservices at ids.ac.uk>

Eldis Resource Guides
Agriculture and food <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4234/0/>
Climate change <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/920/0/> Conflict
and security <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/264/0/> Gender
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/303/0/> Governance
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/93/0/> HIV and AIDS
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/1668/0/> Health
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/2202/0/> Health systems
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/2745/0/> ICTs for development
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/3609/0/> Rising Powers
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4335/0/>

follow on Twitter <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4235/0/> |
Like on Facebook <http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/4236/0/> |
Unsubscribe
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/2518/0/?3e076d18=TWljaGVsLk1lbm91QHdhbmFkb28uZnI%3d&c73c8e04=ZWxkaXNuZXdz&x=c4ffdb60>
/Copyright © 2013 The Institute of Development Studies
<http://lyris.ids.ac.uk/t/2791857/198490/1951/0/>, All rights reserved./
*Our mailing address is:* Institute of Development Studies, University
of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9RE. UK

No virus found in this message.