[Sigiii-l] Fwd: Book donation at the ASIS&T Annual 2007--Milwaukee

caj3 at uwm.edu caj3 at uwm.edu
Thu Sep 6 10:09:35 EDT 2007

For all Sig-iii people, this initiative is supported by our SIG and we will
discuss taking over the project at our business meeting in Milwaukee.

Hope to see many of you there!

Kate

----- Forwarded message from Xiangming Mu <mux at UWM.EDU> -----
    Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:27:49 -0500
    From: Xiangming Mu <mux at UWM.EDU>
 Subject: Book donation at the ASIS&T Annual 2007--Milwaukee
      To: JESSE at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU

2007 ASIS&T Annual MeetingOctober 21-24, 2007
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM07/

This is a First for the annual meeting. Bring one new or slightly used book on
information science or relevant topic. ASIS&T will collect them and donate them
to a selected institution.  A collection bin will be made available near the
registration area.

The recipient institution for this year is the East African School of Library
and Information Science (EASLIS), Makerere University, Uganda
(http://easlis.mak.ac.ug/)

Materials of particular interest to EASLIS are the following:

1. Types of Information Materials sought
•	Textbooks, Conference proceedings within 10 years period.
•	Commissioned Reports, International Organizations Reports (e.g. World Bank,
and UN Agencies) related to information management for the last 2-3 years for
Social-economic and political development of the World
•	Journals: in Information Science, Library Science, Records Management,
Archives, Conservation and Preservation, Museology, etc that have a connotation
and would assist Graduate researchers in the school. Preferably complete series
in not more than 10 years back.
•	Video Tapes and CDs: For demonstration purposes in respective subjects like
preservation of records, printing science, library management, reading culture,
etc.
•	E-Resources: If we could link with a LIS institution to share publicly
available E-resources in their library.
•	Technical Processing tools and systems: Specialized classification systems
e.g. health information systems, industrial systems,

For more information about this event, please visit the donation web site at
http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/ASIST_bookdonation/ .

--
Xiangming Mu
Assistant Professor, PhD