[Sigiii-l] FW: Sue O'Neill Johnson

Prakriti Ranjan Goswami prgoswami at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 11:10:08 EDT 2007

Dear Friends
I feel Ms Johnson was like my elder sister.She was responsible for my travel grant in the first year of the ASIST paper contest.I still remember she encouraged me to write a paper for the contest when I first met her in the World Bank office/library in New Delhi way back in 2000.When I reached Chicago Sheraton Hotel she made all my arranements and told me that I can use her credit card  for food etc!We the LIS professional in India have lost a mentor.Ms Johnson had a soft corner in her heart for the professionals working in developing countries.We are in deep sorrow.
P R Goswami
Director,National Social Science Documentation Centre
ICSSR,New Delhi 110001

Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:34:08 +0500From: cyberarianpk at gmail.comTo: rhill at asis.orgCC: sigiii-l at asis.org; asis-l at asis.orgSubject: Re: [Sigiii-l] FW: Sue O'Neill Johnson
Dear Debbie O'Neill Flynn and All

It made me very sad to read this sorrow news. I am Muhammad Shafiq from Pakistan. Ms. Sue supported me by recommending for SLA International Award 2006 and ASIS&T inform share membership Award 2007. I was very anxious to see/meet her when I visited US in June 2007 to attend SLA annual conference. But She could not attend the said conference due to health and domestic reasons. I consider her my Guru in Library Science profession. She guided me very well. I pray for her from my deep heart may God give her soul rest in the peace. I pray to God  for your family to bear this  irreparable lost.

Salute to my Guru..............

Kind regards:Muhammad ShafiqSLA MemberSLA B&F Div. International Travel Awardee 2006ASIST InfoShare Membership Awardee 2007 Alumnae U. S. International Visitor Leadership Program 2007 Librarian, Information Resource Centre,Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan M-Floor, NIC Building, 63-Jinnah Avenue, Islamabad Tel: 92-51-920 70 91-94  xt. 190 Fax: 92-51-920 60 15 Mobile: 92-333-521 61 65