[Sigiii-l] [LIS-Forum] Congratulations to Winners of the 2007 ASIST SIG IIIInternational Paper Contest

tariq22 at gmail.com tariq22 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 02:33:44 EDT 2007

Heartiest Congratulation.........to ASIST winners for year 2007.

Dr.Tariq  Ashraf
ASIST Winner
Year 2003

On 5/23/07, pku at nic.in <pku at nic.in> wrote:

> "Heartiest Congratulations" to 2007 SIG III eighth International Paper
> Contest Winners  organized by  ASIST. It was my unique and valuable
> professional experience to interact and participate in the last year ASIST
> Conference at Austin, Texas during November 2006 as one of the paper
> contest winner. Paricipation was full of professional papers and
> colleagues.
>
> cheers
>
> Pradip Kumar Upadhyay
>
> 2006 SIG III International Paper Contest Winner,
> Fulbright Scholar (India)(2002-03),
> Officer Incharge Library
> National Informatics Centre(NIC)
> New Delhi(India)
>

> > Dear All,
> >
> > It is my great pleasure to announce the results of the eighth
> > International
> > Paper Contest organized by the American Society for Information Science
> &
> > Technology (ASIST) Special Interest Group on International Information
> > Issues
> > (SIG III). Thanks to Julian, Judy and their jury team for making it
> > happen!
> >
> > Our six winners this year are:
> >
> > 1. Shampa Paul, India.
> > "A case study of e-governance initiatives in India."
> >
> > 2. Soumitra Sharma, India.
> > "Exploring best practices in public-private partnerships (ppp) in
> > e-government
> > through select Asian case-studies."
> >
> > 3. Rama Devi, India.
> > "Towards promotion and dissemination of IK. A case of NIRD."
> >
> > 4. M.Masoom Raza Amar Nath, India.
> > "Use of IT in University Libraries of Punjab, Chandigarh and Himachal
> > Pradesh :
> > A Comparative study."
> >
> > 5. Elsa Barber, Silvia Pisano, Sandra Romagnoli, Verónica Parsiale and
> > Gabriela
> > De Pedro y Carolina Gregui, Argentina.
> > "User Interface of Web Opacs in Mercosur Member and Associate
> Countries."
> >
> > 6. Medha Joshi, India.
> > "Digital resources for information accessibility at the point of care:
> an
> > overview of Library Information System at Tata Memorial Hospital."
> >
> > The theme of this year?s contest was "Joining Research and Practice:
> > Social
> > Computing and Information Science."
> >
> > The principal authors of each of the six winning papers will be awarded
> > two-year individual membership to ASIST. In addition, the leading two
> > winners,
> > Shampa Paul and Soumitra Sharma will be awarded a minimum of $1,000 each
> > attend the October 18-25, 2007 ASIST Annual Meeting, in Milwaukee,
> > Wisconsin.
> >
> > These winning papers and other submitted papers for the competition will
> > be
> > considered for publication by Elsevier's International Information and
> > Library
> > Review, which is edited by Toni Carbo.

> [...]

regards

Dr.Tariq  Ashraf
Deputy Librarian
University of Delhi-Delhi (India )110007
Email: tariq22 at gmail.com ; tariq at duls.du.ac.in
Ph: 011-27662040 (Direct) Cell: 9868335593
011-27667725-Ext 1676
Website: http://www.du.ac.in

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the
sender.