[Sigiii-l] ASIST SIG-III InfoShare Membership Award Winners 2006

Caryn Anderson caryn.anderson at simmons.edu
Thu Feb 9 19:46:34 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of Sue O'Neill-Johnson, co-coordinator of the Infoshare
program, and all our fellow officers of the Special Interest Group
for International Information Issues (SIG-III) of the American Society
for Information Science and Technology (ASIST), I am pleased to
announce the winners of the InfoShare awards for 2006.

Information professionals from developing countries, where the cost of
ASIST membership would be a burden, are eligible to receive one year
of membership. SIG-III officers vote at the end of the year on a
roster of candidates nominated by ASIST colleagues or others . These
memberships are funded by monies raised at the International
Reception during the ASIST Annual Meeting. 2005 was a very successful
year for the reception in Charlotte, North Carolina and we are
thrilled to be able to offer memberships to four outstanding
candidates:

Ifeanyi (Ify) Faith Njoku - Librarian, Federal College of Fisheries,
NIGERIA

P R Goswami - Director, National Social Science Documentation Centre,
Indian Council of Social Science Research, INDIA

J.K. Vijayakumar (Vijay) - Assistant Director, Health Sciences
Library, American University of Antigua, ANTIGUA

L. Ariunaa - CEO, Intec Co. Ltd, MONGOLIA

You can learn more about the winners at the InfoShare page of the
SIG-III web site: http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/index.htm

Please welcome these new members into the ASIST community!

With respect,
Caryn (and Sue O'Neill-Johnson)

--
Caryn Anderson