[Fwd: Re: [Sigiii-l] Sharing lessons about information society

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Fri Nov 18 08:56:39 EST 2005

Posted on behalf of Andzela Armoniene

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Sigiii-l] [Fwd: [km4dev-l] Call for Papers - KM4D Journal
Volume 2, Issue No. 1]
Date: 	Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:49:45 +0200
From: 	Andzela Armoniene <aandzela50 at hotmail.com>
To: 	Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr

Here I am sending some kind of thoughts for knowledge societies development in Africa. The simple
example may be Lithuanian case, but African communities should develop their strategies by themselves.

In many cases they have the same problems as Lithuanian farmers and especially from organic sector. Sustanaible agriculture, after that all marketing
complex are very problematic also having in mind that sooner or later thouse knowledge economies should be integrated with huger ones till global
marketing, data bases.

We did some pilot research in Lithuanian Summer, Autumn 2005. Method: questionnairs and interviews "face-to-face", we also used about 10 experts
as well as civil servants opinions. It seems that people firstly need integrated information, communication and knowledge systems for the main
users: consumers, farmers, producers, researchers, research insstitutes, governemental sector, NVO sector, business men. The problem is that systems
should be very well organised and according to planning "from outside-in" princip. Sometimes, for farmers consultancies and training are the thing of
interest, www they want to use also as a medium for consultancies, especially in the field of legal documents, which are rather hardly
understandable without interpretation. As you see, we are in the EU area. Legal basis starts to be huger and huger.

Firstly we should listen, what people want for themselves - only after that we can plan trainings, consultancies, press, communication formal as well as
informal. Lithuanian way seems to be as cooperation among farmers. Besides, we are in The EU, competition
is huge. So, Lithuanian strategies for the future have been prepared very carefully. Here I am proud to say, that quality of Lithuanian made food is
one of the best. Hence, we need new markets, direct marketing as the main element of marketing complex named promotion. Primary tasks - strong brands,
good cooperation, perfect management.

The best regards

Mrs Andzela Armoniene
aandzela50 at hotmail.com