[Sigiii-l] SIG III won awards at the 2005 Annual Meeting

Hong Xu hgxu+ at pitt.edu
Thu Nov 10 15:54:47 EST 2005

Dear Yin and SIG III officers,

Congratulations to you on your great achievements!

I took some pictures during the International Reception of the 2005
ASIST Annual Meeting in Charlotte and would like to share with SIG III
members who were on the site or not able to come to the event. Please check:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xhg01/album?.dir=/8b6e&.src=ph&.tok=phS7L6DBXIrHaMZK

Cheers,

Hong

Yin Zhang wrote:

> Dear SIG III members and friends,
>
> I am delighted to report that SIG III swept all three SIG related awards at the 2005 ASIST Annual Meeting in Charlotte, NC:
>
> - SIG of the Year Award,
> - SIG Publication of the Year Award for its website
> (http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/), and
> - SIG Member of the Year Award to Yin Zhang.
>
> I would like to thank the hard-working and dedicated officers and supporting members and friends. Now we have a strong new SIG III board with energetic officers and a wise advisory board for the next year! We are looking forward to a productive year under Nadia's leadership!
>
> Please stay tuned for our business meeting minutes and more news about our success at the annual meeting.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Yin Zhang, SIG III Immediate Past Chair
> on behalf of the 2004-2005 SIG III board -
>
> Chair: Yin Zhang
> Chair-Elect: Nadia Caidi
> Immediate Past Chair: Nathalie Leroy
> Assistant Chair (Outside the US): Merlyna Lim (Indonesia)
> Treasurer: Bahaa El-Hadidy
> InfoShare Officer: Sue O'Neill Johnson
> SIG Cabinet Representative: Toni Carbo
> Communications Officers: Faizur Rahman and Abebe Rorissa
> Annual Meeting Program Chair: Duncan Omole
> International Paper Contest Organizers: Liwen Vaughan and Duncan Omole
>
> Advisors:
> Michel Menou
> Sue O'Neill Johnson
> Norman Horrocks