[Sigiii-l] SIG III won awards at the 2005 Annual Meeting

Yin Zhang yinzhang at slis.kent.edu
Mon Nov 7 20:07:31 EST 2005

Dear SIG III members and friends,

I am delighted to report that SIG III swept all three SIG related awards at the 2005 ASIST Annual Meeting in Charlotte, NC:

- SIG of the Year Award,
- SIG Publication of the Year Award for its website
(http://www.asis.org/SIG/SIGIII/), and
- SIG Member of the Year Award to Yin Zhang.

I would like to thank the hard-working and dedicated officers and supporting members and friends. Now we have a strong new SIG III board with energetic officers and a wise advisory board for the next year! We are looking forward to a productive year under Nadia's leadership!

Please stay tuned for our business meeting minutes and more news about our success at the annual meeting.

Cheers,

Yin Zhang, SIG III Immediate Past Chair
on behalf of the 2004-2005 SIG III board -

Chair: Yin Zhang
Chair-Elect: Nadia Caidi
Immediate Past Chair: Nathalie Leroy
Assistant Chair (Outside the US): Merlyna Lim (Indonesia)
Treasurer: Bahaa El-Hadidy
InfoShare Officer: Sue O'Neill Johnson
SIG Cabinet Representative: Toni Carbo
Communications Officers: Faizur Rahman and Abebe Rorissa
Annual Meeting Program Chair: Duncan Omole
International Paper Contest Organizers: Liwen Vaughan and Duncan Omole

Advisors:
Michel Menou
Sue O'Neill Johnson
Norman Horrocks