[Sigiii-l] letter from ASIST member in Colombo, Sri Lanka

Sue Johnson sueojohnson at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:23:24 EST 2005

Dear ASIST Members,

Wathmanel Seneviratne was the second place winner in the International Paper
contest of 2003, and was unable to get a visa to take advantage of her
travel grant. I asked her what we as individuals can do to help in this
crisis, and here is her answer: If you have not already given a donation,
please consider donating to the fund mentioned below.
Thanks Sue O'Neill Johnson, PVC, SIG III
===
Thank you very much for your concern about us. I also thank the other
collegues of the
ASIST for true interest shown to help the situation.
My family and immediate family circle are ok. But there are many relations
and friends
out there, badly affected. Anyway it's not only them but ten thousands. Many
children
lost their parents, now in a state of post tragic trauma. we don't know how
long that
would take for them to recover mentally. Parents are on the other side,
though they are
adults their mental situation is very serious, family lost, property washed
away,
without hopes, they are just sitting still. Its difficult to explain Sue.

Anyway I'm so happy that you remember me and shiwanthi. If you hope sending
any
donation, I assure you following is the ideal Accounts to contribute.

Name of A/C:  President's Fund of Disaster Relief
Commercial Bank  :  People's Bank, Headquarters Branch
A/C No  ; 204 100 190 136 245
Type of A/C ; Current
SWIFT CODE : PSBKLKLX
SORT CODE  : 204 7135

Again I thank you and other colleagues for you generosity.

Best regards.

Sincerely
Wathmanel

--