[Sigiii-l] International Reception & Silent Auction at ASIST Annual Meeting

Yin Zhang yinzhang at slis.kent.edu
Fri Oct 10 22:10:51 EDT 2003

International Reception & Silent Auction

SIG III plans to hold its annual InfoShare Silent Auction at the
International Reception on Monday evening at 8 pm, October 20, 2003.
We need volunteers to arrange auction items on tables and fill in
paper forms to accompany each item. Volunteers are also needed to
help collect items for people unable to attend, and anything else
that needs to be done to ensure a lively and successful auction.

Last year we raised $510 and we hope to raise more money and support
more memberships. Please talk this up among friends and colleagues
and gather donations/auction items to bring to Long Beach. If you
want to contribute but won't be able to attend you can ask someone
who will be attending to bring the item over. Please include item
description, suggested base price, and name of donor.

Elsevier sponsors the International Reception. Suzanne Stemler,
InfoShare Officer, manages the Silent Auction and raffle for SIG III.
All proceeds go to the SIG III InfoShare Fund.

Please contact Suzanne Stemler, SIG III InfoShare Officer, if you
have any questions. Also, please let her know what/how many items you
will be donating /bringing so that Suzanne can make the arrangement
to have enough tables for auction items. From what we have gathered
so far, this year we will have some valuable art and more good items
than ever!  Here is Suzanne's contact information:
   Suzanne Stemler
   Nursing & Life Sciences Librarian
   Otto G. Richter Library
   P.O. Box 248214