[Sigiii-l] Plaza

Andzela Armoniene aandzela50 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 04:51:42 EST 2002

Statement by Andzela Armoniene, Vilnius University, Lithuania
1. What in my opionion will be radically changed in my professional life as
a result of the globalization of the information societ?

Firstly, may I suggest the term for discussions not related to radically
changes. Yes, changes are huge, but we can indicate more evolutionary
process, which is related to reinventing ourselves and rethinking our
possibilities. Technologies helped a lot and it is possible to understand
what was lost. We are loosing channels of communication and our functional
activities rea so much related to sending data from one place to another.
Sometimes it is not useful at all, besides, we are loosing quality in many
areas. Optimistic prognosis may be mentioned because of chances to play
"win-win" game, navigate intellectual capital and participate in all-life
lastin learning. In sum, calculation of mistakes and analysis will help to
find orientation for the future, I hope so. Changes are helpful in this
case. Hence, humanistic approach may be on the top and prepearings should be
made in advance.
2. ....my personal life...?
The concurence will be very intensive, so, we all should prepare for this.
As for the community - it is useful in the way of ideas exchanges.