[Sigiii-l] Conference on Internet and Language

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 6 12:18:27 EDT 2002

Below the beginning of the announcement for the 1st International
Conference on Internet and Language.
More information can be found on the site of the linguist list whose
url appear below.
This is a timely annoucement in relation to the SIG/III Global Plaza
event at the forthcoming Annual Meeting.
Language issues are central to a real or fake universalism in the
global information society.
Michel Menou

  >       1st International Conference on Internet and Language
  >             Universidad Jaume I, Castellón (Spain)
  >                  September 18, 19 and 20, 2003
  >    Información de: Santiago Posteguillo <postegui at fil.uji.es>
  >                  distribuida por LINGUIST List:
  >        http://linguistlist.org/issues/13/13-2405.html#1

> Message 1: Internet and Language conference
> Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:12:14 +0200
> From: Santiago Posteguillo Gómez <postegui at fil.uji.es>
> Subject: Internet and Language conference
>

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> We are organising the 1st International Conference on Internet and Language.
> This is intended as a forum of discussion for linguists and researchers in
> areas such as Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Literary Studies or
> Translation, among other disciplines, who are involved in the use or study of
> Internet, either as a research or teaching resource or as a linguistic
> phenomenon in itself. We welcome papers in relation to the panels listed below:
>
> 1.    Internet and Literary Studies
> 2.    Internet and Translation
> 3.    Internet and Language Use / Linguistics and digital genres
> 4.    Internet and Languages for Specific Purposes
> 5.    Internet and Foreign Language Teaching / Second Language Acquisition
>
> English, Spanish and Catalan are the official languages of the conference.
> Papers in other languages may be considered depending on their interest in
> relation to the topic of the conference.
>
> Our intention is to receive full papers by February 2003 so as to be able to
> edit Conference Proceedings in the second semester and then distribute the
> published proceedings in the conference in September 2003.
snip