[Sigifp-l] Workshop for 2017 ASIST Annual Meeting

A.J. Million ajmillion at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:00:47 EDT 2017

​Alan can speak to this, but if I recall correctly we had the chance to
offer waivers to workshop attendees last year. ​Perhaps we could do the
same?

Also, it is possible to register for the workshop only.

Regarding the two different areas of focus (i.e., creating teaching
materials and networking with activist groups), I think the networking idea
might be something we could get sponsored too.

My relationships with groups outside of library-land aren't that strong,
but the EveryLibrary might be interested in helping out given the proposed
elimination of IMLS. The ACLU connection sounds great as well. I'm sure
there are others.

Since there are so many (good) ideas floating around, maybe we need to have
a conference call to talk though some of this?

AJM

A.J. Million, Graduate Assistant
School of Information Science & Learning
Technologies (SISLT)

University of Missouri
111 London Hall
Columbia, MO 65211