No subject

Tue Dec 6 21:10:36 EST 2011

Hi Jodi,
I would need to know more information about what type of application it is.
But if you look at products like Visio for example, they no longer open with
a blank screen, there is a portal design that was implemented.
In general though I would suggest the same sort of thing. What "dashboard"
or portal like information would be valuable to the user in a startup
screen? Did they already log in? If so,you can associate all sorts of
personal information about them to the first screen, such as last known
configuration information, recently used objects, and stuff like that.