[Sigia-l] Anyone suggest a better global list?

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 06:12:02 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Louise Hewitt <louise.hewitt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, Ziya - to be fair, he / she was a pain, but [...]

*grumble*

All this hacking on Ziya is, in my eyes, quite unwarranted. Ziya kept
the questions and challenges coming, for sure, and engaged in all the
threads, indeed, but here slagged because some people just didn't like
his interaction which is just not on. It takes two to tango, it
requires the other party to tap into the negativity they themselves
describe to make it happen. I was here during those stormy years,
engaged in the same discussions, and for some reason I never had any
problem with Ziya. In fact, this list died because Ziya one day
*pulled* out, and - dare I say it? - probably because some people who
couldn't stand their opinions challenged or couldn't deal with the
pushiness of the other side, caused such a ruckus (and, apparently,
after all these years still do).

*grumble* *grumble*

I actually miss a lot of those discussions, even if they did get
heated; they seemed at times annoying at the time, but always made me
think about my answers, rethink my stance, and be a heck of a lot more
humble about my bloody opinions. Maybe people had a problem of being
reminded of the complex contexts to any situation (where you ask for a
trick on doing something small, the discussion tilted towards the
complex and omnibus), but I loved the fact that even the little things
got tied to human cognition and neuroscience; there's a severe lack of
it in the general IA community these days, far, far too little.

Regards,

Alex
--
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps