[Sigia-l] Online Font Face Preferences Research?

Kerry Young kerrydyoung at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 21:41:58 EDT 2009

Hi Judith,

Georgia is a serif font designed for on-screen reading.  Although it
isn't what most designers use there may be a reason why the brand team
wants to shake things up.  Here's an interesting study from SURL in
2006 on "Type Personality"
http://www.surl.org/usabilitynews/81/PersonalityofFonts.asp.  Georgia
was favored as the top font in the "Practical" category.

There was a recent announcement that both Verdana and Georgia were
going to be enhanced.  The article is here:
http://www.ascendercorp.com/pr/2009-09-08/

Kerry
Kerry Young
Interaction Designer | HP