[Sigia-l] Google's new home page

martin.fietkiewicz at gmail.com martin.fietkiewicz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:14:11 EST 2009

As I put my "average impatient user" hat (or imagine my parents doing this),
my first impression is that it makes no sense to have it revealed when I
move the mouse.  Yes, the cursor is already inside the search box, but a lot
of users at first will want to move the cursor to the box and click inside
it instead of just starting to type as soon as they see the logo.  So the
fade-in becomes a distraction as opposed to a reliable constant
sidebar/menu-bar.  I suppose we'll get used to it, but it does seem
superfluous in that Web2.0MG sort of way.

Martin