[Sigia-l] seo and ia

Lech Rzedzicki xchaotic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 17:53:06 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Jeff Stevenson
<jeff.a.stevenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone else have SEO best practices that relate to the structure of a
> site?
> Does anyone have more advice?

If possible, I recommend RESTful approach to the website design.
That's something I've been exploring lately and enjoy very much, every
aspect of the webpage is a resource, so to add a new blog post you go
to:
myblog.com/posts/new
Now guess what "myblog.com/posts/20080830/1/delete" does?
In my view such approach is both SEO and User-friendly, it is also
very convenient for developers who need to integrate stuff. Certain
frameworks support that natively (rails), with others (django?), you
can use URL rewrite to present friendly URLs.

Lech