[Sigia-l] [JOB] Head of User Experience, San Francisco | Relo OK

Beau Gould beau at open-source-staffing.com
Mon Oct 20 18:18:31 EDT 2008

Job Title: Head of User Experience
Location: San Francisco - Relocation assistance provided
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: 120-170k

Our client is home to a new type of search that makes it easy to find
subjective information. Starting in early 2008 the company raised seed
financing from a number of premier angel investors and carefully grew a
high-caliber engineering team. Today, the company includes founders from
more than a half-dozen successful startups, four AI Ph.D.s, and
engineers from Silicon Valley's major technology companies.

They are looking for a Head of User Experience to help set the
direction, tone, and strategy for our products. They are seeking someone
who will contribute directly in their particular areas of expertise
(interaction design, usability research, UI design, etc.) -- but also
someone who can help guide the broader product development.

Responsibilities:

The unique nature of our core service presents an exciting opportunity
for a UX Lead to shape the fundamental offering:

* Design interactive mockups for a variety of media and platforms (web,
IM, etc.)
* Interact directly with users via interviews or usability tests
* Assist in the development of effective and understandable messaging
* Analyze user behavior data we've gathered
* Think creatively about product features and evolution

General requirements:

* Proven experience designing new user interfaces, shipping consumer
products we would recognize, and leading teams (in order of importance)
* Formal background in HCI or closely related field
* Broad exposure to usability and user experience design in general
* Both academic and industry experience preferred
* Affinity for rapid prototyping
* Flexibility when faced with complex challenges

To be considered, please submit your resume and/or portfolio along with
your salary requirements to bg @ capitalmarketsp.com

Beau Gould
Executive Advisor
Capital Markets Placement