[Sigia-l] Sketching for Interaction Design - Still happening - 10/29

David Malouf dave.ixd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:20:58 EDT 2008

Hey there,
Since canceling the initial class by SmartExperience.org I've gotten a
few late registrants interested in doing the 1-day workshop.
If those who registered the first time and these new people + a couple
more new ones jump in, I can teach the class.

We are looking to do this on a new date, Oct 29, 2009 (Wednesday).

Cost is $400.

Send me a private email if you want to take the workshops.

As a side note, this will be my last workshop in NYC before I move to
Savannah, GA in 2 months. (Yikes! that's soon!) Below is the class

-- dave

*Sketching for Interaction Design*

Are you looking for new ways to bring design thinking and design
practice into your daily practice as a user experience professional?
Do you want to learn how great designers of all types get to that
"new" idea without having to wait for divine inspiration? Do you think
that "sketching" is only a tool left to those who have been formally
trained to draw?

"Sketching for Interaction Design" is a 1-day seminar and workshop
created to teach people what sketching really is all about, why it is
powerful and how you can bring it into your daily practice as a User
Experience Professional. In this class you'll learn how the great
organizations of design and innovation use sketching in their daily
practice. You will also gain practice in sketching and see why it is a
distinctive tool from prototyping geared more towards idea generation
than for testing and communication. It is both a tool for personal
use, and a tool for group collaboration.

The course will contain these units:

    * Defining sketching as something similar to but different from prototyping
    * Placing sketching in the context of a larger design process
    * General practice using drawing as a communication tool
    * Class project working in teams
    * Communicating concepts in interaction design
    * Review period of team work
    * Take away lessons, and next steps for people wanting to apply
sketching to their practice

The course is geared towards people who are practicing interaction
design and other user experience professionals, but can be beneficial
for anyone who is trying to apply core design thinking methods into
their personal and business practices. No previous experience with
drawing or sketching is required.

--
David Malouf
http://synapticburn.com/