[Sigia-l] Quiet Death of the Major Relaunch

Juan Ruiz Juan.Ruiz at hyro.com
Sun Mar 30 21:51:31 EDT 2008

Hi Frank,

>From my experience, I would say "it depends". I know it is a very broad answer, but let me get more into it.

Most of the time, when we agreed that the design is dead, we fail to get the buy-in from the stakeholders and site's users. They are use to what they have, and they don't want to change. And without the buy-in, we don't have a budget, we don't have resources.

One thing I learn from James Robertson's IA workshop is that you could start by fixing small parts of the current site, that way, you build momentum on the re-design. Once the stakeholders and site users see the changes on the current site, use the new feature and see that you can bring more benefit to the site by doing an entire re-design, you go the buy-in!

I hope this helps,
-Juan