[Sigia-l] DayJet: IA design for air travel

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 16 03:31:05 EDT 2007

My current project is the design of a risk management system for every facet
of a financial services enterprise. Since virtually all financial services
companies are information brokerage systems at the core, how
data/information is acquired, parsed, calculated, circulated and stored is
the central mission: it affects everything. And to be effective, everything
has to be designed inside out.

Last weekend I was traveling to Florida, and like every other air traveler,
was frustrated with the whole air travel UX. And like any strategic designer
would, I thought about what might be done to reform that wretched industry.
Apparently, I wasn't even close. :-)

If you're interested in systems/strategic design, here's a fascinating
article on how DayJet is trying to reinvent (regional) air travel:

<http://urltea.com/1hy5>

"Every problem comes from a solution."