[Sigia-l] Pink, revisited

Frank Shepard fgshepard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:03:17 EDT 2007

Well, according to a certain blog, the blue-pink assignments used to
be reversed. In support of this, they offer the following excerpt from
an 1918 edition of Ladies Home Journal:

""...the generally accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the
girl. The reason is that pink being a more decided and stronger color
is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and
dainty, is pertier for the girl." [Ladies Home Journal, June, 1918]"

The full post can be found here:
http://secondinnocence.blogspot.com/2007/08/reuters-science-page-always-good-for.html

I can't confirm the source, so I'll have to leave it at that.

Frank