[Sigia-l] [job] Contract Information Architect, San Francisco

Judith.A.Blankman at wellsfargo.com Judith.A.Blankman at wellsfargo.com
Sat Sep 1 15:15:13 EDT 2007

We're  looking for a contract information architect to work with me,
and/or independently, on intranet projects large and small in SF's
Financial district. Don't need to be super senior, but must have the a
strong skill set, propensity for detail, and work quickly. Feel free to
ask me questions about the position, however I am not the final decider.
Please
send your materials to TeamMemberMarketing at wellsfargo.com (not me).
We're also posting to SFWOW, baychi and craigslist, so apologies for any
duplication you may encounter.

I'll be out of town and away from email and phone for a week. I will get
back to you after Sept. 10.

Judith Blankman
Sr. Information Architect
Wells Fargo Corporate HR | Team Member Marketing
judith.a.blankman at wellsfargo.com

........................ Job description .....................

COMPANY: Wells Fargo
COMPANY URL: http://www.wellsfargo.com
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
JOB TITLE: Information Architect
Group: Team Member Marketing
JOB DURATION: Contract

Wells Fargo
Team Member Marketing
Contract Information Architect Job Description

Team Member Marketing is dedicated to helping Wells Fargo Team Members
achieve Personal, Professional and Financial success. Our challenge is
to use a wide array of vehicles to communicate in these three areas
across a broad and diverse Team Member population. To further Team
Member Marketing's progress toward these goals, our Contract Information
Architect will be responsible for translating business goals, rules,
practices and tested IA strategies into design requirements for large,
complex web-based projects.

Requirements. Partner with our Senior Information Architect and
researchers to define and facilitate research activities and group
sessions with stakeholders, users and functional teams to collect needed
information.

Analysis. Create information structures and content hierarchies that
factor in efficiencies in our content management process and future
development needs.

User Experience and Best Practices. Clearly articulate and communicate
the intended user experience, strategy and objectives, and thoughtfully
take into account best practices and standards.

Contract Information Architect's tangible goals and outputs:
- Help determine and maintain the structural integrity and organization
of the Wells Fargo intranet site, Teamworks, and related departmental
subsites and applications.
- Audit, analyze and refine the information architecture during updates
and revisions.
- Support changes and upgrades based on user needs and team research.
- Create and refine site maps, wireframes, task flows, interaction
design specs, page inventories, use cases, scenarios, personas, flow
charts, and other user-centric documentation.
- Follow intranet design style guides and guidelines.

Day to day, the Contract Information Architect will:
- Ensure project direction reflects users, business, and design
requirements.
- Work closely with developers to ensure technology supports proposed
design.
- Champion efficient processes and utilize exceptional analytical skills
for continual improvement.
- Think well on his/her feet, remain calm during a storm, and
demonstrate a sense of humor.

Ideal Contract Information Architect candidate possesses:
- 3-5 years experience in Information Architecture (IA), Interaction
Design, User Experience Design, or related fields on large-scale,
dynamic websites. Content Management System knowledge and experience a
plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of online user experience design and an
outstanding portfolio of detailed page schematics, functional
specifications, interaction flows, site maps, navigation systems, and
wire frames.
- General ability to organize people, projects, and information and
ability to juggle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously; ability to
learn quickly and deal well with ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to work and coordinate with multiple groups, including
business owners, creative designers, technical teams, user design teams,
operational teams, etc.; Must be able to prioritize and drive for
results; strong bias for action.
- Strong understanding of current online technologies and the principals
of Web design, HTML, and scalable dynamic GUIs; Expert user of Visio,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Preferred Skills
- Experience in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, JavaScript, and
DHTML.
- College or University degree and or 3+ years experience in
Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, Industrial Design, or
related area.
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, and consensus-building
skills.
- Strong technical ability, practical skills, and creative problem
solving skills; intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Experience with marketing, branding

Send your resume, work history, and hourly rate expectation. Include
work samples, URLs or comparable materials that demonstrate your
expertise. When describing projects, please indicate your role.

Submit materials or questions to: TeamMemberMarketing at wellsfargo.com