[Sigia-l] Axure

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:22:21 EDT 2007

On 11/1/07, W Evans <wkevans4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am moving far away from the old "define, document, wireframe, prototype,
> test, build, deploy" process - and thinking that prototyping, fast, nasty,
> ugly prototyping - should move far upstream in the process - way before a
> prototype for the purposes of functional and design specification is even
> thought of being done.

Hi Will,

I'm coming to the same conclusion. That conceptual design should be
done before the project proposal, before the funding proposal - use it
to define the business case/statement of need (or local equivalent)
prior to going anywhere near the high level design spec.

And yes, I take your point that design is not linear, nor is it a
stage in a wider process, but an ongoing activity (albeit one that may
have strategic-within-project and tactical-within-project tasks).

Best regards, Andrew

--
---
Andrew Boyd