[Sigia-l] Axure

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 31 22:17:51 EDT 2007

W Evans:

> depends on where in the process you are.

In case you're not familiar with my age-old rants, for me, prototype is
owned and operated by designers, not something developers do for the benefit
of designers and other stakeholders. Personally, I also encourage developers
to create their own prototypes to focus on various aspects of system design,
for their own benefit. If a designer has already specced, say, continuous
scrolling of a table without paging, it's incumbent upon the developers to
prototype until they get, say, sub-second latency. The design prototype
assumes that level of latency, the production prototype makes sure that it
will be so. Management in most places may get to see either prototype. If I
am leading that design effort, they will only see the design prototype and
may never see a level of detail such as that, just as they don't get to see
accounting process, media buying or legal deposition details.

Designers ought to live to prototype.

Management who make decisions without seeing prototypes are fools.

It depends.
If it didn't, you'd be out of a job.