[Sigia-l] basic search and advance search

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 8 22:55:11 EDT 2007

Juan Ruiz:

> Is advance search a feature necessary on all websites?

No.

> Major search engines (google, yahoo, live) and major e-commerce sites
> (ebay) offer advance search. But other informational sites (ie.
> del.icio.us, wikipedia and facebook) don't offer 'advanced search'.

The stats for actual usage of Advanced Search is really, really small. (I'm
sure there are some general numbers out there. Sorry, I gotta go out and
start my daily run at the moment.)

content sites, etc. because of the nature of the userbase and/or the
content.

It depends.
If it didn't, you'd be out of a job.