[Sigia-l] Web 2.0 99% bad

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Tue May 15 04:36:00 EDT 2007

James Aylett:

> There was some work done...

Lest it's misunderstood, I'm not disputing that a small portion of any group
does the actual contribution; that's a well-known observation.

What I wanted to point out was that despite Eric's refutation, Jakob did
generalize in that article, as Andrew indicated.

But what's further interesting to me is the significance of this: do we just
give up or do we design tools/functions that encourage further user
contribution/participation? Do we see Web 2.0 as a fad or an opportunity to
bolster social aspects software/systems? Do we declare Web 2.0 99% bad, just
like some completely confused 'Skip Intro' with the promise of non-linear
non-page based, content/data driven applications that (early) Flash
foretold? Do we continue to look in the web's rear-view mirror or try to
discover powerful trends in our new abilities to facilitate networking,
aggregation, etc?

----
Ziya

In design, interaction is the last resort.