[Sigia-l] Identification please

Jonathan Baker-Bates Jonathan.Baker-Bates at lbi.com
Thu May 10 13:44:02 EDT 2007

Now that I have a few knowledgeable people on the thread - perhaps you
can also help me with a related question:

I once worked with a guy who told me that there had been some research
done into the use of hyperbolic browsers in which several different
types were tested, and the best one found in terms of speed of
information retrieval. They then tested that against conventional tree
and list browsing interfaces and found that users could retrieve
information faster with these than even proficient users of the
hyperbolic UI.

Do you know of such research?

Damn - I realise this sounds like a troll... It's not - I'm just
curious!

Jonathan