[Sigia-l] Dress Code

Joe Leech me at mrjoe.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 04:57:14 EDT 2007

> Sometimes one needs a job desperately and is thus willing to do pretty much
> anything, including having to live with uncomfortable dress code. That use
> case aside though, you should dress up/down the way *you* want them to see
> you as opposed to making an assumption as to what you think they want to see
> you in. After all, *you* need to be happy working there over time and what
> you wear to work is a significant aspect of how you spend eight hours of
> your life each and every day.

I agree completely, dress code should be what you feel comfortable in.

Day to day here in at small UX agency in sunny England I wear what I
wear out of the office (jeans and trainers) and whatever fits the
client - normally smart jeans and smart trainers or eek if it's a
financial client (they always wear ties, alas not bowler hats anymore)
then the trusty old Oxfam bought suit and super smart trainers will
suffice - but with no tie, never a tie.

The way I

joe

Translation guide: