[Sigia-l] Visual shopping

jamie foggon jarmes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:49:26 EST 2007

<http://browsegoods.com>

> I'd be interested in peoples' reaction to this UI paradigm.

The concept of a map is interesting if its showing data where relative
positions or sizes is interesting / of value. Being able to see
different types of shoes next to each other, and the relative size of
the sub-departments seems completely pointless to me.

In addition to the fact that its not useful information, it's also
time consuming to get to the products. It took me about 10 clicks and
a few drags to be able to see useful pictures of some boots, at which
point I was zoomed in to the point that I had no idea how many boots
were North, South, East or West of my current position. Which means
you sort of wander around like you've lost your map, then click a few
more times to zoom out, then back in again. I think Jared calls it
pogo-ing :-)

I think this would annoy 98% of potential shoppers, I wonder if its
been user tested?

--
Jamie Foggon