[Sigia-l] Reports w/ Horizontal Scrolls

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 23:56:13 EDT 2007

pauric:

> Wondering how you combine the ability to drag-pan with selection (copy/paste)
> of contents. I think alt/ctrl switching is out. How do you demonstrate the
> 'affordance' if, in an ideal world, you can combine both functions

When your event listener detects click *inside* a table cell, change cursor
to edit/pipe thingy shape and perhaps subtly highlight the cell background
while you disable dragability. If there's no click inside a cell with the
cursor hovering over the table div, change cursor to the now-common drag
shape (sort of like a fancy cross) [1], enable dragability and enjoy.

[1] One of these days, Dick will let us use rich-HTML so we can embed small
pictures to illustrate stuff, I hear. :-)

----
Ziya

The constraint is the design.