[Sigia-l] Reports w/ Horizontal Scrolls

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 22 21:05:08 EDT 2007

pauric:

> how do you drag around selectable content (cells with text) in the style of a
> mapping website's image drag-drop?

I wasn't specifically referring to drag&drop of cells within a table
(although that's perfectly feasible if tedious in code also) but to panning
around a table to hide/reveal. So it's more like drag&pan. There must be a
gazillion JS libraries around for selecting a div and dragging it around.

Sorry, I'd looked into this almost two years ago for a project no longer
active on my agenda. I designed a whole widget based platform that used it a
lot about 9 months ago. I gave the UI developer a bunch of choices at the
time for Ajax and Flash libraries, I'm not sure which one he selected to use
in the end, as I wasn't around during production. At one point he came back
to me with some optimization questions and we changed a bunch of default
code to customize it. I wouldn't start to code this from scratch if it's not
vital to a project, but hooking into an existing drag&pan library shouldn't
be all that difficult.

----
Ziya

The constraint is the design.