[Sigia-l] Finding good junior people ...... was Re: What happened to the good IAs

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 22:14:21 EDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Obviously, both "junior" and "senior" are the only two basic
> categories in which we can place people with their skills, experience
> and knowledge. Either you don't know what you're doing and you're
> still trying to get it right (aka junior), or you know all there is to
> know and no job is really a challenge as you always gets it right (aka
> senior).

Alex,

I would be a little blunter - some of the self-styled "senior" IAs
that I have heard and seen have been somewhat challenged people :)

It has been my privilege to work with and to meet some that I consider
senior, and indeed, remarkable (in a good way) - you can usually pick
them by their avoidance of buzz-phrases. I am not sure that any of
them would claim to always get it right, but they would certainly have
a better chance of getting it right than others in the same position.

For myself, experience is only one factor in potential usefulness - I
think that drive is probably as important (in combination with
experience). I am driven, and I mix well with similarly doomed souls,
so I am prejudiced towards them.

Best regards, Andrew

---
Andrew Boyd