[Sigia-l] What happened to the good IAs

Ziya Oz listera at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 21 14:29:29 EDT 2007

Christopher Fahey:

> I can't think of any practical reason why certification would do anybody any
> good at all.

I can:

1.  Incompetent or lazy managers' insurance policy, "Nobody got fired for
hiring a certified IA."

2.  The money to be made by the certification body, as it's always about the
money.

3.  RFID chip manufacturers, as is inevitable that certified IAs would be
tattooed with one.

4.  Proud mothers, yes, "My daughter is marrying a certified IA."

5.  Herman Miler, as certified IAs would be given newly manufactured
executive task chairs with extra padding.

6.  The military-book/seminar industry, as there'd be a rush by the land
grabbers to prep IAs for the certification exam.

7.  Microsoft, as the above test would be available only on Windows, running
Visio.

8. This mail list, as the posts of certified IAs would automatically be
graced by [Certified] for good effect.

9. The environment, as it takes only an extra 'e' and a 'g' to extract
'green' out of 'certification'.

10. Historians, as they'd be busy for the next two centuries writing about
the ensuing internecine certification and turf wars among the various Design
tribes and guilds.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba