[Sigia-l] What happened to the good IAs

Brett Taylor btaylor at roundarch.com
Thu Jun 21 10:23:01 EDT 2007

I agree, but it seem this discussion grew out of someone being
frustrated by the quality of candidates they were getting and thinks a
certification will solve that.

Certification will not solve that problem you will still get candidates
that really don't have the experience and I've been around enough to
know that because one has a certification, doesn't make them good.

To me what makes a true senior person is one who has been around for a
while, not one who graduated two years ago so when a candidate only has
a couple years experience, you throw the resume away and move on.

I've posted for senior positions and get people who send me resumes who
haven't even left school yet, I ignore the resume and move on; yes
frustrating that someone can't even read the job description, but maybe
we need to make sure our job descriptions really express who we are
looking for not just lists of tasks.

brett taylor + R O U N D A R C H + bus 312.529.2502 + mob 773.844.5233 +
web www.roundarch.com