[Sigia-l] JOB: Information Architect / Boston, MA / SimpleTuition / Full Time

Amara Cohen amara.cohen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:15:45 EDT 2007

Information Architect
SimpleTuition, a company dedicated to making financial aid choices
easier for students, parents and financial aid offices, seeks an
Information Architect to innovate on a unique web-based tool for a
developing consumer and education marketplace.

The IA will have a direct impact on the direction of user experience
and will play a key role in designing SimpleTuition products by
working with other design team members, marketing teams, customers,
and developers to identify feature requirements, translate them into
wireframes and specifications, and iteratively contribute to the
implementation of the features.

Responsibilities include:

- Conduct task analyses to define user needs
- Develop high-level information flows and navigation systems
- Develop detailed page schematics, use cases, and other user
experience documents
- Participate in workshops with business owners and users
- Conduct competitive assessments
- Develop personas and scenarios of user interaction
- Work with visual designers to ensure the look and feel of
initiatives meets intended user interaction
- Participate in developing product prototypes for usability testing
- Participate in usability tests by helping to define methodology

Qualifications:

- At least 2years of hands-on experience in interaction and interface design
- Experience with design of end-user, web-based applications
- Experience with creating user flows, wireframes, and design prototyping
- Experience with usability heuristics, usability testing, and style
guidelines development
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping tools such as Visio, Photoshop,
Dreamweaver, Fireworks
- Familiarity with web standards, including XHTML, CSS, Web
Accessibility, and Section 508
- Understanding of HTML, XML, CSS, JavaScript, Flash
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to multi-task

Education:
Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field, such as human-computer
interaction, product design, or interaction design

SimpleTuition is a venture capital backed company based in Newton, MA,
which has expanded from 2 founders to over 20 employees since it was
founded in early 2006. We believe that SimpleTuition offers an
exciting career opportunity for the right candidate. With an
entrepreneurial spirit and a dynamic work environment, we strive to
ensure that the success of our company brings both professional and
financial rewards to all of our employees.

If you are passionate about results, come be part of a team that is
committed to changing the student loan market landscape by:

submitting your resume and a brief email including samples and/or URL
and contact information to jobs at simpletuition.com. No recruiters
please.