[Sigia-l] Sigia-l Digest, Vol 33, Issue 24

Victor Lombardi victor at victorlombardi.com
Wed Jun 20 21:21:12 EDT 2007

On Jun 20, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Giovanni asked:

> That raises the issue that have seen on this list in the past, should
> there
> be some kind of certification or a certain number of years/projects or
> both
> that an IA should have under their belt in order to move up a level?

If we're on this list, we probably don't have a need for
certification, we probably know enough about IA to either do it or
evaluate someone who does. Certification helps people who are not on
this list, such as managers who may have primary experience in  an
area such as IT or marketing and have trouble evaluating IA
candidates' qualifications.

Victor Lombardi
http://smartexperience.org/