[Sigia-l] IAs vs BAs

Eric Reiss elr at e-reiss.com
Tue Jun 19 03:58:26 EDT 2007

I think the biggest difference is that BAs understand the boxes, but
IAs also understand the arrows.

On of the problems I see is that many strategic IAs no longer
consider themselves IAs and have become "business consultants." If
strategic and tactical IAs lose touch with one another, we also lose
a critical competitive advantage vis-á-vis BAs.

I've spoken out about this a couple of times, most recently at the
Summit in Las Vegas. Here is a link to my deck:

http://iasummit.org/proceedings/2007/files/Reiss_on_advertising.pdf

Donna Maurer also made a recording, but I don't think it's been
posted anywhere.

Cheers,
Eric

-----------------------
Eric Reiss
Managing Director
FatDUX Aps
Copenhagen, Denmark
http://www.fatdux.com
office: (+45) 39 29 67 77
mobile: (+45) 20 12 88 44
skype id: ericreiss

FatDUX is an official sponsor of the
Usability Professionals' Association
http://www.upassoc.org

If you received this in error, please let us know and delete the
file. FatDUX advises all recipients to virus scan all emails, and to
eat five portions of fruit and vegetables daily.