[Sigia-l] "Getting the design right, and getting the right design"

Andrew Boyd facibus at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 23:51:10 EDT 2007

On 6/16/07, Listera <listera at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Well, that's just it. To use your newly minted terminology, I'm looking for
> examples of 'big usability' thinking on 'getting the right design.' Where is
> the 'big usability' camp hanging out?

You'll generally find us at Coffee Guru in Woden around 9AM - we'll be
the ones in the suits :)

Seriously, though, I think that the labels are so shopworn as to be
useless - I am a Consultant, I do IA, I use techniques that some might
call usability, sometimes it is more strategic than tactical. The
labels are conveniences, and we need to be able to slough them off
when we talk amongst ourselves.

Cheers, Andrew
---
Andrew Boyd