[Sigia-l] Just for you women out there

Listera listera at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 10 19:19:53 EDT 2007

Christopher Fahey:

> I thought we were talking about gender and design, but now it seems like
> we're just talking about good and bad design.

It's hard for me to untangle them in that fashion. Gender-based design is
bad design, unless in some intrinsic way required by good design. (I'll
leave it at that. :-)

> Some can be measured empirically, others are simply a
> matter of taste, class, culture, and other factors.

Yes. Good design *is* like pornography, you recognize it when you see it.

> I don't think polarizing design between "what design elites think is good" and
> "everything else" is helpful.

Why not? Once you take 'judgment' out of design, what are you left with?

----
Ziya

In design, interaction is the last resort.